Is it Time to Add Positive Affirmations To Your Everyday Life?
Do you struggle with negativity? Do you find it hard to feel good about yourself? Could it be that it’s time to use positive affirmations everyday to put a boost of positivity into your life?
The problem with negative thoughts is that they can become self-fulfilling prophecies. We talk ourselves into believing that our thoughts are true. And, as a result, these thoughts drag down our view of ourselves. This affects our work, relationship with others, and ourselves.
It’s completely normal to have negative thoughts about yourself and this is often referred to as self-sabotage. A negative mindset might make life difficult, but it doesn’t have to be. A simple solution to this constant negativity is to use positive affirmations. Not only are they easy to introduce into your daily life but they can bring automatic positivity to your life. This positivity can start almost as soon as you begin to use them.
To put it another way, affirmations have the power to change your negative thinking patterns just like we might rewire an electrical circuit
What Are Positive Affirmations?
Using Affirmations in the form of self-speech can help people make changes to their moods, thoughts, and feelings. Positive affirmations are powerful statements about what you want your life to look like. They can help replace negative thoughts with positive ones, which are often more fulfilling and you’ll soon see the benefits.
It’s not easy to change the way you think, but it can be done. Affirmations are an effective way to make these changes because they’re designed to emphasize your strengths and positive qualities.
Affirmations are simply positive statements that can help you to challenge and overcome self-sabotaging and negative thoughts. When you repeat them often and believe in them, you can start to make positive changes.
Affirmations aren’t just for people who struggle with negativity, though. They can be used by anyone who wants to harness the power of positive thinking in their lives. Positive affirmations work well when combined with other methods like journaling, meditation, or exercise, They can also help you feel better about yourself and the world around you too!
How To Use Them
At first, it is natural to feel a little silly, especially when saying your affirmations in the mirror (which I find most useful)
But try looking at positive affirmations this way. Many of us do repetitive exercises to improve our physical health like running, walking, and weights. Affirmations are like exercises for our brain, improving our mental wellness. Our brains are wonderful, adaptive things and constantly evolving and learning.
Positive affirmations are beneficial, so they should be used daily. But don’t worry! You don’t have to say them aloud. You can say them in your head or out loud if that feels better for you.
It’s important to read the affirmations repeatedly until you believe them. This will help your brain get on board with the positivity and make it easier to feel good about yourself.
Here are seven easy ways to use positive affirmations every day.
7 Ways To Use Positive Affirmations Every Day:
1) Read a book, article, or blog post about something you want more of in your life. Something that makes you happy. Make note of any phrases that resonate with you, and use them as an affirmation. Always use the present tense – ‘I am ……’Make it short and succinct.
2) Start with a few mins in the morning and evening. If you find this challenging then add a few post-it notes around your bathroom mirror, kettle, or in your purse/wallet, to remind you.
3) Write down what you want in life and what would make you happy on a piece of paper. Maybe how you can achieve a set goal. Perhaps an affirmation about becoming stronger or even just sitting down for five minutes for some “me-time” at the end of the day. Create an affirmation from one of the sentences you write down and repeat it silently, or loudly, whenever you need to, throughout the day.
4) Make sure you make your affirmation personal to you. I have used some great ones, that mean a lot to me, but if they don’t resonate with you, then create your own that speak to you.
5) Whatever you do, make your affirmation realistic, no matter how many times you repeat ‘I will win the lottery it’s unlikely to happen.
6) Write down three things that went well today and what made them go well in a diary or journal before bed each night before sleep. Read and re-read this list again and again.
7) And finally and most importantly add feeling to your affirmation, try not to make yourself sound stern but be kind and gentle to yourself you are a soul that needs love and nurturing.
A little Bit Of Magic – Positive Affirmations & Meditation Series
Find The Right Words For You
Different affirmations work for different people. The most important part of this process is to find affirmations that resonate with you and your needs.
The first step is figuring out what you want to focus on. Do you want to reach a goal, feel more confident, manage stress, or be healthier? When you know what your affirmation should be about, finding the right words becomes easier.
Repeated out loud or in your head. They can include words like “I am,” “I love,” “I feel,” etc. For example, if you want to focus on feeling more confident at work, try saying: “I am a confident person and I’m not afraid to do whatever needs to be done.”
Make Your Own List Of Positive Affirmations
There is one thing for sure, positive affirmations can be powerful, but they can also seem a bit bland. It’s up to you to make your own list of affirmations that are right for you and your situation.
To get started, write down five things that bring you happiness or make you feel good about yourself. Now take those five things and make statements that start with “I am”, “I will”, “I can”, as a way to create affirmations that are uniquely yours.
For example, if one of the things that makes you happy is being organized, your affirmation could be “I am organized and I live my life beautifully.”
Schedule Time For Positive Affirmations
It’s best to schedule time for your affirmations. This will help you stick with it and not allow life to get in the way of your newfound positivity. Affirmations are a powerful tool that can be used as an aid in changing behaviours, beliefs, thoughts, or feelings about yourself and others from negative ones into positive ones. When practiced regularly they have been shown to increase happiness levels by helping people focus on what is good instead of dwelling on their problems all day long.
The great thing about positive affirmations is that they can be thought, written, spoken, and even shouted out, at any time in practically any place. Personally, my favourite place is on my yoga mat but wherever you are, you can practice your affirmations, whenever you need to. Whatever way you choose, just try and make sure that you repeat your affirmations every day for a real boost to the positivity in your life
Positive affirmations are a simple and easy way to boost your mood, energy, and productivity. Give them a try, “I am positive you will you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the results” – see what I did there?